Commercial Solar Panels make financial sense for your business
Most businesses make it one of their top priorities to harness renewable energy at their company premises and buildings to cement their positive reputations of being ‘green, eco-friendly’ companies. Solar panels help businesses dramatically reduce their carbon footprint, generate their own heat and electricity. Consequently, they are less reliant on fossil fuels, reducing their emission of greenhouse gases and harmful pollutants. It’s no wonder the commercial solar panels industry is booming.
Furthermore, with energy costs always increasing, it also makes financial sense to welcome industrial solar panels as you can become immune to rising energy bills. You can also become eligible for the Feed-in Tariff, getting paid for the electricity you generate and for any excess energy you don’t use!
At Eclipse Energy we have extensive experience in the Commercial and Industrial sector for designing and installing commercial solar panels and renewable energy solutions. We pride ourselves on working closely with local partners and suppliers around Halifax and West Yorkshire, allowing us to pass on our savings to you. By installing industrial solar panels on a business or commercial property, you will start saving immediately, making it a great opportunity for any type of business!
Benefits of Installing Commercial Solar Panels
Why invest in industrial solar panels for your business? Advantages include:
- Your business setting a leading example of being an eco-friendly company. By producing a greener form of electricity via commercial solar panels you help your business to reduce its carbon footprint.
- Dramatically reduce your energy bills and protect your business from fast rising energy costs. By being energy independent and generating your own energy, you have to buy less electricity from your energy supplier. This leaves you with more surplus funds to spend on other areas of your business.
- The financial savings don’t stop there. The price solar panels has fallen by 80% since 2008 so the initial cost is much smaller too. Plus solar panels were initially designed to cope in harsh environments so are durable and require little future maintenance.
- Commercial solar panels are visually pleasing and are easy to install. The installation process is a quick one resulting in minimal disruption to your business. Lack of disruption is a long term guarantee where your industrial solar panels are concerned, as they are a totally silent piece of renewable energy technology.
- Commercial solar panels also aid companies in meeting CRC Energy Efficiency targets. These targets are part of national CRC scheme entailing the compulsory reporting of carbon emissions of large public and private sector organisations that use more than 6,000MWh per year of electricity and have at least one half-hourly meter settled on the half-hourly electricity market.
How Commercial Solar Panels Work
Solar cells in commercial solar panels absorb the energy from natural daylight- even on less sunny days. They transform this direct current into alternation current. This alternation current can then be fed into your business’ electricity network and the National Grid.
The Feed-In Tariff is a government backed scheme with the main goal of encouraging more businesses to install renewable, low carbon technology to generate their energy. The incentive is a financial one. You are paid for the electricity you generate through renewable technology.
The government’s plans to cut the Feed-in Tariff was widely publicised in the media in 2015. Coming into force in January 15th 2016, the government cut the Feed-in Tariff by 64% but this still allows businesses to earn a solid 4.8% return on investment over 20 years from their solar panels and up to £8,080 over the two-decade period. The drop in the prices of installing home solar panels and commercial solar is another valuable bonus.
Electricity from solar PV is measured in kilowatts peak (kWp). This is the rate at which it produces energy at peak performance such as in the middle of a sunny day. The total amount of electricity the system actually creates during a year is rated in kilowatt hours (kWh).
Payments come in the form of:
The Generation Tariff- Paid to you by your energy provider at a set rate for each unit (or kWh) of electricity you generate. Once your system has been registered, the tariff levels remain guaranteed for the period of the tariff (up to 20 years) and are index-linked (they are adjusted by the same amount as the general level of prices).
- Your company will also receive a further Export Tariff from your energy supplier for each unit of electricity that you export back to the electricity grid. This is made up of any extra electricity your business generates but doesn’t use.
Energy Performance Certificates
You will need an Energy Performance Certificate when you are applying for the Feed-in Tariff scheme. These serve as evidence proving how efficient your business property is, with band ‘A’ being the most efficient. Your business needs to secure at least a grade ‘D’ to be eligible for the feed-in tariff.
Our experienced team of assessors can carry out a full energy efficiency assessment on your company’s buildings. They will then issue you with a certificate which is valid for ten years. It also comes with expert suggestions on how your enterprise can further reduce its carbon emissions.
We appreciate each company is different. Each system we install is custom designed to maximise returns and tailored to meet each businesses unique requirements. Customer care and exceeding clients’ expectations are our top priorities. We will support you and your business every step of the way throughout the commercial panel installation process.
- All businesses in the UK that are for sale or to let must have an Energy Performance Certificate. Our reliable assessors will visit your business property and do a simple assessment of your building’s energy efficiency levels. They will then issue an Energy Performance Certificate along with suggestions for further improvements to increase energy efficiency rates.
- To ensure you can make an informed decision before you commit to installing commercial solar panels, our skilled team conduct a free assessment on your premises with regards to your commercial solar panel installation and produce an in-depth written report to help you weigh up the pros and cons of installing solar panels at your place of work.
There is a solar solution for every business and roof-type. We place a high value on honesty here at Eclipse Energy. We would never encourage you to go for solar energy if you and your company would not benefit from it.
If you decide to go ahead with installing industrial solar panels following the results of our assessments, we advise that you get in touch with your Feed-in Tariff supplier/ licensee. This should be done before your solar panels are commissioned to check what details and documentation, such as your Energy Performance Certificate, they need from you and what any deadlines.
- Our efficient and trustworthy team will then to install your bespoke solar panels. As experienced installers we are MCS accredited. This is a requirement if you are applying for the Feed-in Tariff using the MCS route. We work closely with local partners and suppliers around West Yorkshire allowing us to pass on our savings to you.
- We will issue your business with an MCS certificate as soon as we register your solar panel installation on the MCS database.
- Once we have installed your new system you should tell your chosen Feed-in Tariff licensee that you want to register. You then send them your MCS Certificate, completed application form and Energy Performance Certificate showing your business has an energy efficiency level of grade ‘D’ or higher.
- We will inform your electricity supplier once the installation is complete. For systems larger than 4kW, we will require permission in advance from the network operator.
- Your business’ chosen Feed-in Tariff licensee will then cross reference your installation with the MCS database. They will then carry out other eligibility checks and add you to the Ofgem Central Feed-in Tariff Register. If your application is affected by a cap it will be queued (ordered by the date of your MCS certificate date). For more information, click here. Your licensee will also confirm your eligibility and the date you are able to receive payments from so you can start benefiting from the financial rewards of having invested in solar panels for your business!
- We are pleased to offer a quality after-project and maintenance service. Our engineers are on-hand to you even after your solar panels are installed and the project is complete.